Tuesday 25 August 2015

The Fashion Crisis of a Lupie

For those of you who know me, or as your going to get to know like most girls I absolutely love fashion - I like trends but I also like quirky fashion. From working at River Island for four years it became apart of my life. I must admit there are times the fashion police have tracked me down but thats all down to discovering who you are and what you can pull off.


Photos through the years before my 2014 flare

When my flare began in October I found myself bound to my PJs. After all they are a lupies best friend. However as I got better I was determined to get up everyday and get dressed even though most days I didn't leave the house. The problem was that nothing fit, my steriods had made me gain three stone and because my kidneys were effected they too made me extremely bloated. Therefore it was back the drawing board. Even know at a healthy 9st 9 I feel frumpy in my clothes, my body has drastically changed and its something I will get used to but it also means...I need a new wardrobe. Your all probably thinking well she thinks shes fat at 9st but when you have been under 7st for a large part of your life you don't know any different. At school I was labelled 'i'd kill to have your body' whereas others would make anorexia comments. However those people don't understand that the dramatic weightloss I had is a symptom of lupus. The weight I've regained is down to my tablets, if you are on or ever have to be on steriods - I am so sorry. Anyways - you'll learn from my blog that I ramble ... alot.

As I tell people lupus is much more than just a medical illness it also effects you physically, psychologically and emotionally. I've had to deal with the fact my body has changed in more ways than one. My feet have become swollen so I can't wear certain shoes, I tend to stick to tshirts and jeans which is very degrading and upsets me as I'd love nothing more than to have the confidence to wear more girly clothing. I rarely paint my nails because my tablets make them break easily and as for make up as seen in my previous post - its painful to wear.

I'm in a fashion crisis and I seriously need some help! My wardrobe is now 2/3s emptier than a year ago and I can't remember the last time I wore my beloved Vivienne Westwood shoes! Does any other lupie feel this way? Has latched on to one pair of jeans just because they are comfortable etc? I hope I'm not alone in this, my fashion mojo is officially lost, someone call google earth!

I'd love to wear the items below but whereas before I would have instantly brought them, now I'm doomed by conscious feelings of how they will fit, what will my body look like, will I be too bloated to wear them?
Honestly... I'm finding it really hard to feel amazing in clothes to the point where I'd rather be in home than go out just because of how I look. I need to adapt to my new body and this will take time I guess for now I carry on the search for my new look until then.....its good old topshop tshirt and jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment