Monday 24 August 2015

Lupus Rash - A Make Up Nightmare!

So my video below shows me taking my make up off to reveal my lupus rash... what a pretty site.

It's very hard when you have a rash to wear moisturiser let alone make up. I can only ever wear it for a few hours before my skin becomes really dry and peels off or it irritates it to make my rash even worse. So ladies if you really think A SPOT is your worse nightmare.... you simply have no idea.

 

Basically... my phone is shit and has no storage. But anyway...  I will now show you photos of what happens when I put my steriod cream on my face. I use Clobavate 0.05% w/w Ointment. Do not use this on your face unless your doctor instructs you to. 


 

So as you can see, this isn't a nice aspect of the condition to live with. It's took me alot of strength to upload these images of me because I am fully aware of those who will make fun of this. Oh they must have such a hard life to do that but there's nothing comical about this condition. Make up is apart of a women's routine and when I had my severe flare that was taken away and made me feel less girly - I wore pjs all day, no make up and a top bun - that used to be my usual sunday, but it became my life 7 days a week. Even though it can hurt to wear make up, I do it anyway to grasp a bit of normality.

No comments:

Post a Comment